Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Sunday, July 22, 2012

On This Day...She Was Alive And Well




JULY 22, 2012


Joan Rivers has a new book entitled
"I HATE EVERYONE...
STARTING WITH ME."

Her face may be laced with botox
but her humor  still burns with acid.





Ms. Rivers was interviewed in today's New York Times Sunday Book Review.
She expressed reservations about being excluded
from the newest Lyndon Johnson biography.
There are two books on my night stand. One is “The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson,” by Robert A. Caro. It’s fascinating that I’m not mentioned at all, considering the torrid affair I had with Mr. Johnson, or as I called him, Big Lyndy.
The other book on her nightstand is  "The Idiot's Guide to Osteoporosis."
Her favorite literary genre is
European history, but only up until Napoleon. The minute Shorty comes on the scene, I’m not interested.
When asked which of her own books she wished she had never written,
she replied, "Joan Rivers's Pop-Up Guide to Gynocology."

And then there was this exchange:
If you could meet any writer, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you want to know? Have you ever met an author and been bitterly disappointed?
The writer I would love to meet the most is God. I’ve been a huge fan of his work since the Ten Commandments. I’d like to know what influenced his font choice and why he engraved in stone and not silver.





George Carlin  still loves you Joan.




So do I.
And thank you for your autograph...







Blogger's Notes
Illustration by Jillian Tamaki.
Couched between two advertisements, Joan Rivers has a classic encounter with Louis CK.

No comments: