Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jonathan Winters, R.I.P.


I was once asked what I am afraid of most. I said
"A man or a woman without a sense of humor."

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.



He died last month but I prefer Dick Cavett's words
to anything I could say about Jonathan Winters


No more Jonathan Winters.
What did we do to deserve this?

I’m just antique enough to remember when Jonathan first hit. Or at least for me.
It was the Jack Paar “Tonight Show” and no one had ever seen anything remotely like it.

A slightly chubby, amiable, Midwesternly looking man who could have been an accountant or a bus driver, nicely dressed in dark suit and tie, stepped out, a bit timorously, from behind the curtain and, on the spot and before our eyes, created a whole mad little world...

No comments: