Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Monday, May 27, 2013

Mrs. Madhatter & My Italics



I was perfectly normal for the first twenty-nine years of my life,
I lived on a normal diet of hallucinations.
An unusually intelligent and cultured upbringing enabled me
to conduct my life decently blindfolded, but lately
my life seems to be shaking.
Doctor, I think I’m going sane.

On my word of honor as a medical man
you are as insane as anybody in this room...
These Truths, which you describe as
disturbing your night dreams and your day thoughts, will soon pass.
Why not go to New York on a shopping binge...
You will be your happy smiling insane self in no time.


Dawn Powell
Angels On Toast


The next Dawn Powell page appears in the GoodFather of Math...



No comments: