Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jack, Jackie, & Caroline


Jackie, JFK and Caroline relax, Hyannis Port, 1959.
© 2012 Mark Shaw / mptvimages.com

The JFK stands for John Fitzgerald Kennedy but he preferred "Jack" or Mr. President
For more information about this photograph, click here.




Blogger's Note
In the pre-blog world of fifty years ago, I would have entitled this photograph "Camelot, CamoLetta, & Caroline" and ignored Mark Shaw's copyright symbol.
Fifty days ago, I would have written "Jack & Jackie were an update of Scott & Zelda..." But greater minds than mine have effectively said the same thing.
I wish I had said "pulchritudinous and punctual" before Peter Lawford did (in the video link). However, his other adjective to describe Marilyn Monroe is downright scary.
The date was May 19, 1962.


No comments: