Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Simon & Garfunkel + G. FatMat


We've got a groovy thing going, baby...But every time you say I love you, I look for the bar code.

I can't get no satisfaction...But I can get a pack of cigarets for under four dollars.

Never mind the bollocks...They just moved out of the neighborhood.

A cat has nine lives...But no life insurance.

You aint nothing but a hound dog...The least you can do is get a pooper-scooper.

I'm talking about my generation...But I'm sixty-two years old.

I'm living right next door to an angel so all I have to do is dream. I met her on a Sunday and when we have no particular place to go, we go up on the roof. Maybe baby, we can take a ride in the little deuce coup and get a cheeseburger in paradise. Chantilly Lace has a pretty face but we gotta get out of this place.

The block-quoted paragraph is collaged from song titles in the Long Beach Johnny Rocket's juke box. The photo, dating back to their Tom & Jerry days, was found in a truck stop diner on Rt 11 in Hazeburg VA

No comments: