Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Atheism is Lacking in Imagination

  Long before the existence of time, two guys were walking in the forest
  because they had already created trees. It was a beautiful sunny day
  but the two guys hardly noticed.

  To them, there was no difference between sunshine and moonshine.
  All of it was just stuff that they were in the process of creating.
  One of the guys wore a long-flowing white robe
  and the other guy had fangs.

  It was God and Satan.
  Satan walked with a limp and upon God's shoulder
  was a man bag.

"Hey, God," said the devil, "Whatcha got in that bag?"

"It is something I call Religion," said God.

"Trey cool," replied Satan, "Can I organize it?"

"What a great idea, Satan. You can help lighten my workload.
  I'm having serious difficulties–and doubts–creating this thinguld
  called human beings. I will let you organize religion
  but you got to promise to accentuate the positive."

"Of course, boss. Don't I always accentuate the positive?"

"How the hell do I know?" said God, "The reviews aren't in yet.
 We still got a lot of work to do on this friggin' creation project."



Blogger's Notes
This story is based on something I heard on WFUV
from Fordham University.

This page would not exist if it were not for
the late, great  Ray Peterssen.

No comments: