Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rocky Point, New York


I love swimming more than I could ever love myself. If ever I enumerated all the memories associated with the body of water pictured here, I would find a number north of infinity.
What you are looking at is Friendship Beach on the north shore of Long Island. Swimming there was not an exercise, it was my birthright.


I learned to swim before I was old enough to walk but I shot the shoreline above when I was old enough to collect a pension. Somewhere in between those two ages, I moved to California with a degree in Mirthematics from the Lewis Carroll School of Logic. I became a swogger which Mr. Carroll once defined as a mixture of swimming, walking and jogging. Collectively, the mileage equalled the round-trip distance from Long Island to Burbank.




Mirthematics is a mixture of pie-charting, yin-yanging, photo-schlepping, memory-baiting and the unhyphenated essence of mathematics.





Today, my exercise of choice is racquetball. I am a two-time D-league champion.
However, winning a D-league title is like winning the Special Olympics but not qualifying for a handicap parking space.

Therefore, I ride my bicycle.





Blogger's Notes
In a Sad All Over Glad All Over moment, The shoreline photo takes an encore.

"Mirthematics" is the copyrighted property of the Lewis Carroll School of Logic.

No comments: