Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Outside My Door


This is the first thing I see when I walk out my door. The aquamarine of the fendered, chain-guarded bicycle (with basket) accentuates the landscape.

Here is another view:

The hat is trey cool. The bicycle belongs to a new neighbor whom I have yet to meet. The previous occupant was a friend of mine who permitted me to keep my bicycle on her porch.

This is my bike.

Not a pretty sight, I must agree but I also must explain why. My ten-speed Diamondback has been treated with a very expensive P.O.C. application called "theft-proofing."
Imagine if you were a bicycle thief. Would you steal this piece of crap with the torn seat and crooked handlebars?
Obviously NO is your answer.
Exactly my point. The crappy look eclipses the world-class derailleur and the quality gear-shifters.
P.O.C. stands for Piece of Crap!

No comments: