Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Therefore, I Think (A PORT STORY)




I think I am thinking about the Thought Process.
But I am not sure...

I mean I don't think I can definitely say
for certain what it is
that I am really thinking about.
Do you know what I mean?

It's okay if you don't know what I mean
or have a better idea about this than I do.

Now that I think about it, I didn't have any idea
this would actually happen but I guess it did.
At least, I think it did.

What do you think?
Tell me.
Oh never mind!

Since the price for anything is half as much as paying twice,
I must have gotten a pretty good deal when I bought this
Thought Helper stuff at the Think Tank Store.

The salesman said that a thought is a terrible thing to waste
and I could give my mind...

A more relaxed, comfortable atmosphere with a
General Electric Brain Softener + Thought Helper


"Just take it home....plug it in and count up to infinity."

But I can stop counting when I get halfway there.
I think that's what he told me.


Blogger's Note
Chancellor Caryl Hobbes unearthed "Therefore, I Think"
from the archives of the Lewis Carroll School of Logic.
It was in a folder entitled Paul Oliverio's NEITHER/NOR Journal (1972)

The journal's title was stolen from inspired by Soren Kierkegaard's Either/Or
But the subtitle of this page was the brainstorm of Chancellor Hobbes:
"PORT story is part poem and part short story. The name is new but the concept is ancient."

However...
Therefore, I Think (A PORT STORY) is the copyrighted property of LCSoL.
I know that for a fact.
Therefore, I end this page, terminal punctuation notwithstanding

No comments: