Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween





Today is designed for happiness & fun by dressing up in costume and assuming another identity.
They could have called it "Alter Ego Day," but Sigmund Freud wasn't consulted by the holiday makers.







I am presently dressed up as a guy in a bathrobe, sitting in front of his computer. Wearing the costume of a "Blog Examiner," I search for something.
The last time the title of a post began with the word Happy was the first day of this month. It was a birthday tribute to a Grandmother, referred to as Minnie.

Then I search for something else
For the month of October, the most commonly used word to initiate the title of a blogpost is Another...

More than any other day, Halloween is when we let our imaginations run wild.
Therefore, I will oblige but my Grandmother will be the focal point. I will put her in a costume with a complete makeover but she will still be a Minnie who entered this world in 1897. Were I to subtitle this post, it would be Another Minnie. Were I to give it a Halloween soundtrack, it would be Hoodoo Lady.
I now remove all holiday pretense and yield the floor to fact.

This is Memphis Minnie.

Louisiana-born Lizzie Douglas became an extraordinary blues guitarist, singer, and songwriter. As a teenager, she was playing for tips on the legendary Beale Street in Memphis.

"During the 1930s, Minnie moved to Chicago where she set the musical style by taking up bass and drum accompaniment, anticipating the sound of the 1950s Chicago blues."

Her first hit song, Bumble Bee was later recorded by Muddy Waters as "Honey Bee."

For more information on Memphis Minnie, either click on her name above or go to Wikipedia.
Happy Halloween to all of you and happy everything else...

No comments: