Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Reality"






"Reality" is neither the subject nor the object of true art which creates its own special reality having nothing to do with the average "reality" perceived by the communal eye.
Vladimir Nabokov
Pale Fire










Blogger's Notes
For reasons beyond my control, Vladimir is not an honorary LCSoL Artist but he would be most flattered to know that.
However, I personally credit PALE FIRE for inspiring Oh Gee! I Am A Poem and personally wish that all true artists had Nabokov's marketing skills.

Photograph courtesy of the Estate of Vladimir Nabokov

No comments: