Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Friday, April 5, 2013

A Reprieve & An R.I.P. (CR #842)




Dear GodFather of Math
You wanted to switch over to GoodFather of Math after "842" pages because of the reverse doubling of the digits.
842 is the biggest three-digit number of its kind. Of course,
you learned that at the Lewis Carroll School of Logic.
...
Please extend the GodFather page count to at least 850.
I will thank you in advance for honoring Ed Fisher

Caryl Hobbes
LCSoL Chancellor


Ed Fisher, who drew cartoons for The New Yorker from 1951 to 2000, died the other day, at age eighty-seven. The last cartoon he did for us works as well today as it did when it was published,
 more than ten years ago.



Blogger's Notes
I hope that Chancellor Hobbes doesn't expect me to honor singer Eddie Fisher
or his actress daughter Carrie Fisher or his ex-wife Elizabeth Taylor.
Ms. Taylor, however, does get an honorable mention
on the GodFather home page

The only other "three digit number of its kind" is 421.

Maybe a sequence of blogs entitled GodFather...GoodFather...GooFather...
DogFather  will total 8421 pages.

R.I.P.
Ed Fisher


No comments: