Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

...............I'm Plaid As Hell And............... ....I'm Not Gonna Take This Anymore....



If the world went Mad
That would be sad
But if it went Plaid
We might all be glad

Tis better to
Percolate with Plaidness
Than to
Meander with Madness



The illustration was taken from this forty-nine year old catalog



As for the title: it is a variation on the timeless scene from the 1976 film, Network
It features Academy-Award Winner Peter Finch as Howard Beale
However, I do not believe that the A&P's Plaid Stamps were ever nominated for an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy or a Grampy.

No comments: