Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Alice in RACKHAMLAND


Caryl Hobbes re-introduced me to Arthur Rackham whose 1907 illustrations of Alice In Wonderland were exhibited on the campus of Lewis Carroll School when I was a student there forty-something years ago.


Paul: I had forgotten these illustrations because this Alice had more anxiety than curiosity.

Caryl: Just because Alice got curiouser and curiouser doesn't mean she didn't have anxiety.

Paul: I know that now and feel that I owe Mr. Rackham an apology.

Caryl: He died in 1939.

Paul: What nerve!

Caryl: You are a nut.

Paul: Chancellor, flattery will get you everywhere.

Caryl: You can't have the yang without the yin.

Paul: Chancellor, wisdom will get you almost everywhere.


Arthur Rackham is widely regarded as one of the leading illustrators from the 'Golden Age' of British book illustration which encompassed the years from 1900 until the start of the First World War
-Wikipedia

The proof is in this hyperlink



No comments: