Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Portrait of My Godmother's Brother


When last seen by you, this portrait appeared on the bottom of a post entitled As Luck Would Have It, She Grew Up To Become My Grandmother

Lo and behold, the anonymous artist responsible for the Good Shepherd portrait of Monsignor Oliverio commented about the history of what began as a sketch approximately the size of what you see here.


The last time I saw the actual full-size framed Biblical portrait of my Uncle, I had been deputized by the executor of his estate to pack books into cardboard boxes.

The house to the left of this text had been owned by the Oliverio family from 1948 until 2008. My grandparents willed it to Father Frank. He owned it for thirty years.


If you could 1948 x 2008, the result would approximate how many memories I have of the house on the left side of Grove Street, coming from Broadway in Cedarhurst, New York.

Many of those memories have morphed into pages of the Godfather of Math blog.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: