Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Friday, February 15, 2013

Thank you Mr. "Greed w/o the r"


Greed w/o the r ... is shorthand for "Greed without the r "
Which is the correct pronunciation of Gide, as in Andre Gide.

I am indebted to the French Modernist writer for his recently-blogged poem about Books

Something happened to me yesterday that brought to mind a book written in the coldest Siberian Winter.

I quoted two of the authors whose short stories were featured in Ferryboat Across The Kirenga

At this time, their words ring loudly & deeply in my alleged heart.
But there are always other words.



Blogger's Note
One of the sentences above begins with a Rolling Stones' song title.
Therefore,
Exercising the powers vested in me by the Plan 9 Music concept (an LCSoL affiliate),
I hereby provide this link

No comments: