Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, #111

Scott & Zelda loved this song, so did Hemingway, Cole Porter, George & Ira Gershwin...AND any musician born in the twentieth century AND/OR their parents, grandparents or their favorite Aunt.
How many men did Dorothy Parker seduce (or vice versa) while this song played?
Meanwhile in Brooklyn, during the 1935 Chanakuh season, his Uncle Marty gave 24-day old Stuart Allen Konigsberg a boxed set of _____ & his Hot Five (or Hot Seven).
How could the toddler not grow up to become Woody Allen?

All the names listed above prove there is hope for Caucasian Americans. But America might have become a mediocre country if it weren't for the art generated by this musician.

This is the song.

This morning, I parked my car on Corona Avenue in Belmont Shore. But I wish I could have driven through the looking glass and parked my car on Belmont Avenue in the Bronx. Then hopped on the Q44 bus to Main Street, Flushing. (The Q stand for the borough–or county–of Queens.) After a few stops on the Number 7 line IRT subway, I would reach the promised land in Corona.
August 4 is the perfect day to visit the Louis Armstrong House.

No comments: