Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Woody's Uncle Marty

This is the Thanksgiving scene from ANNIE HALL where a boisterously loud command is given: "Alvy, Pass the salt!"
The actor is Martin Rosenblatt. In the opening scene of RADIO DAYS, Martin's house was burglarized. In real life, Martin lived in Whitestone. It was in that house where I ate my first bagel but three houses away, Martin's younger son ate his first bowl of spaghetti that did not have ketchup in it.

My family sold the house in 1981. Martin's older son still owns their family home. His father had a starring role in this wonderful film short about...bagels.

No comments: