Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Little Walter




With apologies to Sonny Boy Williamson , Walter Jacobs gets a self-titled blogpost. My good friends at Plan 9 Music concept had to do very little plodding for me to bestow this honor on LITTLE WALTER, another extraordinary blues harp/singer/composer dude. Mr. Jacobs is eminently deserving of a CHESS BLUES MASTER double album.

In the nineteen seventies, Nick Caruso both conceived and illustrated the gatefold album covers of 7 musicians, including the "Holy Trinity of Chicago Blues," being Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and Sonny Boy Williamson. The only album cover art unposted features J. B. Lenoir. But I will post another photo because the musician is also known as Professor McKinley Morganfield:



As for the Double Muddy, you can "Buy It Now" from eBay for $60 but I wish you the best of luck if you seek to find the vinyl Double Walter.

For his illustrations of seven front & back vinyl album covers, the artist told me that Chess Records paid him approximately $1000.

No comments: