Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Saturday, September 22, 2012

For Joseph Corn...




Joseph Cornell, that is.
He was the master of the shadow box, also known as the memory box. For him, it was an art form. For me, this was an effort to put together a bunch of stuff that seemed like it was made for each other.

"Transparents" is a portmanteau and a potpourri of measuring devices and other mathemabilia.
The crown is a tribute to John & Yoko. Instead of a ladder image leading to the infamous YES, I used a jungle-gymmy construction.
It is the constructor's intent to have clarity neither blow its bugle nor clarinet.






Blogger's Note
Mathemabilia is the copyrighted property of the Lewis Carroll School of Logic.
An Art Professor at Cal State Long Beach permitted me to use the expression "jungle-gymmy." But I think he was slightly spelling-challenged.

No comments: