Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Friday, September 28, 2012

Breathe Here (A Poem)

Two nights in a rose
Love hit me
In the I

I know not why
And barely who
Said you
No
It was me

There was a knock on the door
"Who is it?"
"I was about to ask the same question."
"Why is it?"
"Can–or should–I let you out?"


We sat down for tea because
"You don't need anymore coffee,"
She said.
I stepped out for some air.
She said
"Breathe here."

I did and then I did again
And then I asked
"Who exactly are you?"
She answered
"I was about to ask the same question."

No comments: