Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Monday, September 17, 2012

Greatest Girl Group Song EVER


Well, I met him on a Sunday

And I missed him on Monday

Well, I found him on a Tuesday

And I dated him a Wednesday

Well, I kissed him on a Thursday

And he didn't come Friday

When he showed up Saturday

I said, "Bye, bye baby"

Well, I kissed him on a Thursday

And he didn't come Friday

When he showed up Saturday

I said, "Bye, bye baby"



Why is it the greatest?

It has three distinct voices. Each is a chapter of a seven-day song Story...They themselves wrote the song...It has an incredible clap-along that feels like your turning the pages of a book...This group, The Shirelles, were the first group to have TWO of their songs covered by the Beatles (Boys & Baby, It's You)

Beware of purchasing "Greatest Hits" albums by the Shirelles. I Met Him On A Sunday is often excluded because they were not yet under contract to the label that helped propel their career.




No comments: