Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Two Siberian Cold War Quotes


What sort of conversation is this?
I tell you a word and you have ten others
Hidden up your sleeve.
Yuri Antropov
Winter is Coming

The tongue doesn't have any bones
But it can really give you a thrashing.
Valery Povalyaev
Oil on Fire

I could not find any photos of either of these Russian authors. Then I googled "Yuri Antropov"
I was linked to a million websites about Yuri Andropov, a Cold War Russian politico
who probably suppressed the literature of Mr. Antropov and Mr. Povalaev.

For more info about the anthology, FERRYBOAT ACROSS THE KIRENGA, click here

No comments: