Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Tale Of Two Dickens





Mrs. Joe was a very clean housekeeper, but had an exquisite art of making her cleanliness more uncomfortable and unacceptable than dirt itself.
Charles Dickens





Don't let the title fool you.
This is A Tale Of a post of two Dickens' quotes from Great Expectations. The other quote has to do with what Mrs. Joe put on that dining table, according to the palate of Pip, the central character of the novel.
I was regaled with the scaly tips of the drumsticks of the fowls and with those obscure corners of pork of which the pig, when living, had the least reason to be vain.


Blogger's Note
I can now say "I have read a novel by Charles Dickens."
According to my Bucket List, it will not be the last. But that list is almost as long as Great Expectations.

No comments: