Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Orange All Over





As the June light
Turns to Moon light
I'll be on my way






Don't let the orange ink fool you. It links to the history behind the song as opposed to the actual recording.

But what fooled me in my car, moments ago, explains why the back cover of THE BEATLES Live at the BBC is twice the size as the front cover.

There are sixty-nine tracks listed, including thirteen "tracks" of studio dialog with the four lads from Liverpool.


All of them were recorded between January '63 and May '65. All of them were broadcast on BBC-Radio. Virtually all of the songs are "covers." I assumed I'll Be On My Way was one of them. I may or may not have said aloud in my car
If Lennon & McCartney wrote this song, I would have heard it one thousand times by now.
In fact, this song was written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
You may listen to it now

Second fact: This "Moon light" song will never be confused with the Beatles' Mr. Moonlight, which I have listened to only two hundred and sixty four times.

First wish: All sixty-nine tracks of this album were written in in orange ink. More precisely, that color should be hyperlink orange.

Second wish: It behooves me to state that this wish involves someone whose appearance on these pages is a one-and-only-one-time thing.
The "Juniors"–Etta Seamster and Daniel DiMaria–have a seven-year-old daughter. Judith is a 21st Century victim of Beatles-mania.
Therefore, it is my Holiday wish that someone takes a hint as to what music will be a perfect stocking-stuffer for a seven-year-old girl. That someone might or might not be yours truly.

No comments: