Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Sunday, June 2, 2013

General Mills Will NOT Withdraw...


...The commercial featuring a family having more than one racial features



And all I've got to say to the General is


I salute you...

For standing up to the resistance against your portrayal of a Black & White family
chumping on CHEERIOS...

I salute you...

For having that resistance bring out of the human woodwork all that is stupid
and utterly embarrassing to a guy named God!

Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees is the product of a mixed marriage.
So is someone who lives in a White House and is indisputably
the most powerful person on the planet.
That would be Barack Obama.

So is someone who is arguably the greatest golfer
who ever lived. That would be Tiger Woods.
As for the last of these three superhumans:
There was such revolting reaction to the revelations
about Mr. Woods' extra curricular activities beyond
his marital budoir.
Why did the media make it sound as if Tiger invented Adultery?

Ignore that indented paragraph if you choose to but because General Mills
refuses to withdraw a breakfast table involving a mixed marriage and
a stunningly beautiful little girl...

I salute you...

And your Cheerio to racial harmonics

Unable to access a video for this controversial cereal commercial,
I will repeat myself:

I salute you...

And so does the archival characters in one of your mid-20th century ads

The lead character is Mr. Rocket J. Squirrel.
His "Boy Friday" is Bullwinkle the Moose


And, to quote the flying squirrel:

GENERAL MILLS IS...WHERE BETTER BREAKFAST BEGINS

No comments: