Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A McCarthy Song


LITTLE MAN
You sure ask a lot of questions
Like a miniature Alex Trebec
Maybe they're answers in question form
Sometimes they're a pain in the neck
But even if you try my patience
I try not to show it
Cause Daddy loves his little man
And you should always know it

Chorus:
Little Man
You and me, me and you
Little Man
We've got some growing up to do

What if I knew everything?
I mean, suppose I actually did?
I'd be putting on airs apparently
I'd have the world's smartest kid
We'd be cooler than Eskimos
You and me and our giant brains
But you got a daddy that barely knows
To come inside when it rains

Chorus:

I could explain history
But my facts would be fictitious
Tell you about religion
But I'm way too superstitious
I could wax philosophical
But getting waxed makes me so repititious
I could explain your mother...
But we don't want to make her suspicious, Little Man

I sure do a lot of wondering
About what kind of father I'll be
If when you see me blundering
You won't want to bother with me
So let's stay right here Little Man
You keep asking "Why?"
I might make one or two things up
But I won't ever lie

Chorus:


Written by Jack McCarthy
© 1994 Curling Smoke Music/No Never Mind Music (BMI)

No comments: