Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Frankie Lymon And Michael Jackson


Who is the youngest person
in each of these photos?

The answer is in the title.

⬅︎Thirteen-year-old
FRANKIE LYMON
is distinguished by
his position in
this 1956 photograph
of  five identically
and nattily-dressed
Teenagers. 

I am not a Hyperlink delinquent

I will not list
the singing groups
influenced by Frankie
because such a task
could never be completed
accurately.

Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers most famously
answered the question...
Why Do Fools Fall In Love

It would be delinquent of me to not link to that song.

But it is the first hyperlink that segues into the second photograph
for reasons that are as simple as A-B-C





This is a 1969 photograph
of five identically and
soulfully-dressed brothers.

Unless you live under a rock,
you would know that
the brothers are
The Jackson Five.

Unless that rock
suffocated your brain,
you would know which
brother became the
most famous.

 ⬅︎Eleven-year-old
MICHAEL JACKSON
is distinguished in this photo
by the derby that is bigger
than his face.

I would not be the first person to say that Michael
worshiped James Brown, the Godfather of Soul.

But I may be the first person to say that Michael
also worshipped Frankie Lymon, the Godfather of Doo-Wop.

After binge-listening to the first and last hyperlinks
on this page, I witnessed a little something called
the Evolution of Music and loved
every second of it.

**************

FRANKIE LYMON AND MICHAEL JACKSON
was revised on February 22, 2018
after two commentistas felt obligated
to correct my spelling.  

 

No comments: