Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Monday, July 16, 2012

Liza, Where Are You?


“Liza, turn out the lights. Please forgive me. It won’t happen again, I promise you. You are my solar panel; my first breath of every day. My loins have nothing to do with my heart.”
“Daddy.”

“Please forgive me, As the hot knife will get through the frozen butter, we will get through this.”
“Daddy!”

“Liza, dearest. You make the existence of God redundant. There are Christians and Hindus. Some people are Buddhist and others are Jewish. As for me, I’m YOUish. I only believe in you.”
“DADDY.”
“I don’t even remember the girl’s name.”
“DADDY!”
“Jesus, Linda. What do you want? Can’t you hear me talking to your mother?”

“My mother died seven years ago.”
“Linda. Linda. Linda. You just don’t get it, do you? You forgot to show me your report card. Go get it girl.”
“Daddy, I finished school twelve years ago.”
“Do I have to talk to your teachers again?”
“I made your breakfast.”
“Did you butter the toast on the bottom or the top?”

“I love you, Daddy.”
“I know that. And tonight, I’ll put your baby teeth under your pillow. Tomorrow you will wake up and be Queen for a Day. Yes, indeed. Queen for a Day: my favorite TV show. Linda, can we watch it together?”
“Daddy, it hasn’t been on TV for thirty years.”
“Yesterday was such a funny episode. Every contestant had a husband named Ernie.”

“I have your medication, Daddy.”

No comments: