Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Monday, July 23, 2012

LONG BEACH STATE ART DEPARTMENT IS...

...So damn good that I picked their trash. I did so in full view of all their art students. Not one of them, however, noticed what I was doing because they were so immersed in whatever art project they happened to be working on. But the Scrabble letters are mine.




The title of this piece, which sits on my mantel, is FOR JOHN & YOKO.
The story is that when John Lennon first met Yoko at her Art Exhibit, there was a ladder to be climbed. At the top of the ladder was the singular word: YES.







A fellow blogger has the step-up and lowdown on the day John met Yoko.

No comments: