Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Saturday, July 21, 2012

If You're Going To...

...San Francisco
Be Sure to wear some flowers in your hair
*

...Montgomery, Alabama
Be Sure to wear some flowers in your hair...


This Tuesday, the Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald Museum will be celebrating ZELDA'S BIRTHDAY .

I wish I had a clone who could be flown...there.
But there is always next year. At the very least–to celebrate a woman who was born on July 24, 1900–I will feed Zelda the Cat an extra bowl of tuna fish.
She will, however, have to provide her own birthday candles.

As for the actual Zelda Fitzgerald, this is how she described one of her birthday parties:
The night you gave me my birthday party... you were a young Lieutenant and I was a fragrant phantom, wasn't I? And it was a radiant night, a night of soft conspiracy and the trees agreed that it was all going to be for the best.**



*My apologies to Scott McKenzie.

**For more quotes from Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, go here.

No comments: