Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday Night Baseball In Orange County


Three hours
before the game
between the Kansas City
Royals and the Los Angeles
Angels began.


Outfielder
Tori Hunter, (#48)
acknowledges
his fans in the part
of Angel Stadium
affectionately known as
Tori-town.


My niece was at the game
with me.

This was just a cute kid
in the row in front of me
in what was believed to be
my assigned seat.


I had a vest pocket book of Longfellow poetry 
and a rolled-up Angels All-Star poster. 

Both were placed on a railing while I photographed
the Angels Hall of Fame.

Both the poster and book disappeared.
My ticket was inside the book.

The ticket was a gift from a friend 
who was too hungover from a wild weekend
to attend a Monday night baseball game.

The final score was:
Angels, 6
Royals, 3

This page was revised on May 15, 2016

No comments: