Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thank You For the Light

Thank you to The New Yorker for making the NEW
F. Scott Fitzgerald story available on-line.

Sometimes, irony wears funny shoes.
This August 6, 2012 issue of The New Yorker magazine also contains SUSANNA WOLFF's Dearly Beloved. I laughed my ass off when I read it. Like Fitzgerald's story, it takes up only one full page of the New Yorker. But the irony is that the, prior to this publication, the most recently published Scott Fitzgerald story–in 1967–was also entitled Dearly Beloved.

The similarities go no further than the titles.

No comments: