Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rosetta Tharpe, The Gospel Guitarist



Wikipedia has this to say about Rosetta Tharpe



But she also played guitar

For example, here she is with Albert Ammons in 1938.

THE GODMOTHER OF ROCK & ROLL
was a PBS documentary wherein it is stated that she influenced someone named Chuck Berry and another person named Elvis Presley.
This link has text about Rosetta and a trailer for the GODMOTHER OF ROCK & ROLL.


The subject is Tharpe but it is a David named Sharpe who let me photograph the album.
David is a Casa Del Mar "good neighbor."
We both hope that the Los Angeles Lakers have no more tragically embarrassing moments this year.
I am obviously not a Laker fan but I empathize with David and do not want to disappoint
Lois, the "head librarian" at the friendliest library in Long Beach.
It is the only one that is opened on Mondays.
If you see Lois there, bring her an apple or maybe a banana but I must thank her for all the coffee tickets(and for leaving her sparkling Dorothy shoes under the desk.)


No comments: