Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Friday, March 22, 2013

Don't Let The Sun...


I survived the Sixties. Therefore, I remember
Gerry & The Pacemakers




But I also survived a mega-tonnage assault
on my intelligence.
Therefore, I proudly direct your ears
to the original...

Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
by Louis Jordan




Go ahead and ask the question:
Who is Louis Jordan?

Go ahead and take this for an answer:

After 1960, all Rock & Rollers
listened to and learned from Chuck Berry
...
But before 1950, Chuck Berry
listened to and learned from Louis Jordan

Blogger's Notes
This post was made possible by the Plan 9 Music concept



There are two other Louis Jordan posts on the GodFather of Math blog site.
One is here and the other is there

No comments: