Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Friday, November 2, 2012

Cosmic Cheating Is Not...

...Cheating at all. It is Divine Intervention on the firmest of terra firma. It is like having Dame Fortune as your prom date and she is wearing high heel sneakers.


As a screenwriter, Budd Schulberg–after up close and personal time with Scott Fitzgerald–wrote On The Waterfront.
Without Fitzgerald in Schulberg's life, Marlon Brando's most famous line from the film might have been written as
Considering the circumstances, I could very possibly have been a contender.
Hell!
If I had spent real close and personal time with Scott Fitzgerald, I coulda wrote The Greater Gatsby.



Another example of "cosmic cheating" involved Barry Bonds. Steroids be damned: Willie Mays was his Godfather.
Hell!
If Willie Mays was my Godfather, I coulda done hit one thousand home runs.

No comments: