Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Monday, November 5, 2012

Did Woody Rip Off Faulkner?


This is from a TIME Magazine essay:


In a recent Woody Allen movie “Midnight in Paris,” Owen Wilson’s character delivers a slightly garbled version of a famous William Faulkner quotation: “The past is never dead. Actually, it’s not even past.” (Wilson says, “The past is not dead! Actually, it’s not even past.) Faulkner, who did a stint as a Hollywood screenwriter, would likely have been pleased. But his estate had another reaction: it sued.

If I represented the Dali estate, I would sue Woody Allen for NOT including Salvador Dali's quote about the "logarithmic curve in the horns of rhinoceros" in this clip from Midnight in Paris.
Only kidding, of course.
I just viewed the Adrian Brody/Salvador Dali clip for the tenth time and laughed louder than the previous nine times.

No comments: