Did he really say that?

The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = GEORGE CARLIN...Stained glass, engraved glass, frosted glass–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES...Music is the mathematics of the gods = PYTHAGORAS...Nothing is more fluid than language = R.L.SWIHART

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rolling Hymns

Some people are the salt of the earth
Some are its artificial sweeteners



That couplet is mine
From 'twixt my skin and bones
But the highlight is a tribute
By the Rolling Stones.

The only thing
That could be neater
Is if they did a song
Called "Artificial Sweetener."

Such a title I know not
But what I can do...
Is pass along
Some brown sugar to you.

Between 1969 and 1974, the Rolling Stones were a 2-Mick band with lead singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Mick Taylor (photographed below with Jimi Hendrix). The guitarist replaced Brian Jones and, in turn, was replaced by Ron Wood. Mick Taylor is featured in the Brown Sugar video.




Blogger's Note
I would be remiss in my duties as the Godfather of Math if I did not quote Professor McKinley Morganfield regarding the before-and-after of Mick Taylor.
Brian Jones gave the Rolling Stones mystique. Ron Wood gave them volume.


No comments: